School Opens

1918 - School Opens | ͼ, Sydney
ͼ was established in Springwood as the Blue Mountains Church of England Grammar School for Boys.

Moves to Wentworth Falls

1951 - Moves to Wentworth Falls | ͼ, Sydney
ͼ for Boys merged with the MacLaurin School for Boys from Leura and moved its 17 students to its current location at Wentworth Falls.

School Expands

1950s - School Expands | ͼ, Sydney
The School purchased extra land so the MacLaurin building and Headmaster’s residence was built.

Lake Street Classrooms Built

1960s - Lake Street Classrooms | ͼ, Sydney
The School grew in numbers to warrant the purchase of a Boarding House, Blue Horizons (now the Guest House Silvermere), and this was followed with the building classrooms on land opposite in Lake Street. Both these were used for Senior Students until 1965 when the Junior students were brought across to Lake Street and the Seniors moved back to the current site.

New Classrooms Built

1970s - New Classrooms Built | ͼ, Sydney
Extra building were constructed to cater for the growing student numbers.

School Starts Enrolling Girls

1976 - First Year Girls Enrolled | ͼ, Sydney
The School became co-educational upon the commencement of the first girls and became known as ͼ.

Bungawarra Wilderness Educational Centre

Bungawarra Wilderness Centre | ͼ, Sydney
Bungawarra Wilderness Education Centre was made available for the School’s use for the purpose of annual camp trips and wilderness education programs.

Junior School Moved

1988 - Junior School Moved to Wentworth Falls | ͼ, Sydney
Junior School moved from Lake Street to the current Junior School site at Wentworth Falls.

Major Expansion of Grounds

1990s - Major Expansion of Grounds and Buildings | ͼ, Sydney
A number of changes happened in this decade including the construction of the current entrance via Matcham Ave as well as the D J Mulford Sports Centre opened and Art and Design building opened by John Olsen.

Springwood Campus Opens

2003 - Springwood Campus Opens | ͼ, Sydney
ͼ returns to its roots opening a second campus one kilometre away from the original site of the School.

The Chapel Opens

The Chapel | ͼ, Sydney
The Chapel was opened.

Centenary Year Celebrated

2018 - Centenary Quilt | ͼ, Sydney
ͼ celebrates a centenary of excellence in education.